Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tea with Meg Cabot at the Palm Court at the Plaza Hotel






I had the most amazing time today having tea with Meg Cabot at the Palm Court at the Plaza Hotel with two of my co-workers, Helen and Kelly, and my mom, Debbie. It was truly an opportunity of a lifetime. We met Meg outside the Palm Court and while we were waiting for our tea, had our pictures taken with Eloise.




Tea at the Palm Court was delicious. The menu included The Classic, The New Yorker, The Chocolate Tea and the Eloise Tea, plus your choice of tea. Check out their afternoon tea menu here! I decided on The Classic: Truffled Quail Egg Salad; Maine Lobster, Sturgeon Caviar; Roast Beef, Horseradish; Cucumber, Radish, Basil; Smoked Salmon, Endive. Simply to die for. Plus scones with lemon curd and clotted cream! Not to mention the desserts! THEN, we shared the Chocolate Tea which included chocolate fondue which included strawberries, poundcake, house-made marshmallows, pretzels and golden pineapple and MORE scones. It was delicious and we did not go home hungry!

There were no lulls in conversation during our tea. We talked about everything! Meg told us she was working on a new Heather Wells book, which I'm very excited about because Heather Wells is one of my favorite characters. Meg was very interested about the library and asked what a regular day was like. It was very casual and just felt like spending time with good friends.

Before we knew it, it was time to go home. But first we had to take a few more pictures and I had my own personal book signing. Meg graciously signed some books that I had brought with me and I was presented with a bag of books as well. It was very exciting.



Then one on one pictures before a final group picture.








I'm having trouble finding the words to describe this experience. I've already used amazing and opportunity of a life time, but Meg Cabot is amazing. She is one of the most down-to-earth people I have ever met. She was really interested in learning about us. She was so happy to be there-I think she had a smile on her face the entire time. I know I did. Before meeting someone, you have an idea of how that person is going to be. I knew Meg was funny-all you have to do is read her books and her blog. She appears to love what she does. When you meet her in person, it's refreshing to find that everything you believed is really true. Thank you so much Meg for this experience. I will never forget it.

2 comments:

  1. That is so neat, Samantha! Meg's one of my favorite authors and truly one of the nicest people around. So happy that you got to have tea with her. Loved your recap and pictures. :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd just like to add that this opportunity was made possible through romance writer author Brenda Novak's Annual Cure of Diabetes 2011. She's getting ready for this year's auction and you should check it out here: http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/Home.taf

    Ms. Novak works very hard on this auction each year and it goes to such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete