Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich book review

I just finished the latest Stephanie Plum book and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed it. Number sixteen (Sizzling Sixteen) was a little bit of a disappointment and how long can a series go before it fizzles. But I thought Janet Evanovich did a good job with Smokin' Seventeen. Stephanie Plum (personally my favorite bounty hunter) is back. The bail bonds office is being rebuilt after it was burned down at the end of Sizzling Sixteen. During construction, they're working out of Mooner's mobile home. Nothing ever seems to go right for Stephanie: one of her FTAs may be a vampire; her mom is trying to set her up with Dave, a guy from high school; bodies keep getting dumped on the site of the new office and possibly the biggest surprise of all: someone wants Stephanie Plum dead. Definitely recommended to fans who have read the rest of the series. And if you like humorous mysteries, make sure to check out book 1, One for the Money.

No comments:

Post a Comment